Monday 29 October 2012

Hurricane Sandy halts progress.


Well, everything seemed to be going OK. The money went through OK on last Saturday, and after a few problems with the paperwork the bill of sale and title were all complete by the end of last week. Transport of the car was scheduled to happen at the start of this week, all in readiness for a departure on Friday (the 2nd of November).

Well today that's all in question with the news of Hurricane Sandy's approach to the Eastern sea board and New York. As I writing this I'm hoping the car hasn't set off from Indiana on an open car transporter, straight into trouble! I'm pretty sure it hasn't, even If I've not had confirmation from the seller. What does worry me is what this means for its scheduled departure on Friday. If Sandy turns out to be half as bad as she's reputed to be then who knows what kind of state NY port will be in even if my scheduled car transporter manages to dock.

Don't get me wrong one car, even a DeLorean, pales into comparison next to people homes, jobs and lives. I can't imagine what people are going through waiting for the storm to hit, not knowing how bad its going to be. It really brings things into focus. But how typical, just when I thought I'd cracked it!

One things for sure, if it manages to weather the storm and make it back to the UK maybe I should give it the nickname of Sandy to remind me of it's brush with disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment