Sunday 28 October 2012

Driving the DeLorean DMC-12

Well, as my car is still waiting to cross the Atlantic I can't really tell you yet what its like to drive. But fear now, you can always count on  Youtube to turn up the good, and it has with a review of the driving experience by http://www.classiccarsdriven.com.


Thankfully their verdict is that the DMC-12 makes for a surprisingly good drivers car. Good handling and what they describe as "incredible range and versatility" from the PRV engine, with a relatively high first gear for those "getaways".

I wont spoil the whole review by repeating it here, but suffice to say its very positive, which flies in the face of what most people would believe. As I'm experiencing myself, tell someone you own a DeLorean and the usual myths come out. They are underpowered and unreliable, not to mention badly put together. Its nice to see that this review can put the point about being a "poor car to drive" to bed in some small way. As for "unreliable" and "badly put together". Well, considering so many of the original cars are still running thirty years later maybe this myth can also be laid to rest.

Mind you, my opinion might change once I get the car and it breaks down for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment