Tuesday 19 February 2013

New Laser Cut Keyring and Another Idea...

The other day I decided to sort out a keyring for the two keys I have for VIN #10719. Now I'm lucky in having access to a laser cutter at work, so after a little while on the software I came up with the above key-rings in black acrylic.

The two parts are actually the front and back of the finished key ring. I just glued them together with acrylic bonding solution or Tensol cement. I used the original DMC logo for the front, and the VIN number for the rear, both etched by the laser into the plastic.




I'm pleased with the finished result, and it certainly beats the rubbish plastic tag from the key shop with the VIN on it!

While playing with the laser cutter I also tried engraving an image of a D onto clear acrylic, the idea being that this can be side illuminated for dramatic effect. Check out the pics below. A work in progress, but pleasing never the less.






No comments:

Post a Comment